Saturday, July 28, 2007

Why Blackpeoplesmoney?

First a big shout out to all my former Ways & Means readers who followed me over here. Thanks for sticking with the kid.

With that in mind, one of the faithful W&M readers emailed me a question: Why is this blog called blackpeoplesmoney? Seems self-explanatory, but he had a point: all money is green, it all spends and everybody wants and needs it , no matter what color they are, right?

True. Because this blog is about everyone's favorite topic, money, pretty much anybody can get something out of reading it and I hope they do. But as there are social and cultural nuances to black American life, there are also economic ones. And as a professional business writer, I don't believe those are explored enough in the media, so I took the initiative to do it here.

Now, quick, shameless plug time before I end this: Look out for Ebony magazine's September cover story, written by yours truly. And don't forget that I'm guest-blogging for BET's Meet The Faith show for the next two weeks.

1 comment:

onefromphilly said...

It took me a while to check back here. Glad I did, and I'll be coming through daily.